Wednesday, July 23, 2008

it is official

I didn't want to say anything until everything was set and official but.... As of August 18th I will be a student through Liberty University's Distance Learning Program! I will be working towards my Bachelors Degree in Religion. Broad I know, but I will also center all my electives on Childrens Ministry. Many months ago God began changing my vision. That or I began focusing on God's vision for me, rather than what I wanted. In this season I've learned many things about what God wants for my life. And what I've discovered is that He wants me involved in Childrens Ministry. My goal when I am done with school is to be a Childrens Minister. I know it will take time, and I'm SO excited for the waiting time I have between now and then. I get to take some pretty amazing courses, I'll get to earn my college degree (MY COLLEGE DEGREE folks!), and I'll get to work with kids the entire time! And when all is said and done, I will send out apps because my ultimate desire is to be on staff doing not only what I love, but what God made me for! Oh man. To me, that is ultimate joy! For those of you who have been missing me, and wondering where the heck I've been, that's where. I've been refocusing what I need to do to fulfill God's true calling for me. I've been online with Liberty almost every day seeing what I need to do next, and waiting for all the fun school things to happen like registration dates, application approval, financing, all that stuff. Anyway, today I was finally able to complete check-in and order my books. It's actually happening! I'm actually able to go to school via the web! I CAN do this! God has been amazing. He's held my hand every step of the way, and when I needed a miracle to come through, He delivered. It is amazing to watch Him work friends. And so, I join the ranks of other online students stepping out to acheive their goals. And yes, for the final time in my life, I am a freshman. Excited and eager to start a brand new semester at a brand new school. This year when I go to buy school supplies, I will be buying 3 rulers, 3 sets of pencils, and yes folks, I might even get me a fancy new backpack. After all, new students gotta rock their style! Even if they do learn from home!

Wish me luck you amazing people! And please, oh please, remember to pray for me. I'm taking 4 classes this semester. Three of which are 8 week courses and one of which is a 16 week course. Plus my baby is starting pre-school this year. Momma needs prayers y'all! :)

3 comments:

Starla said...

You go girl!!! I will pray for you on your schooling and about your baby going to school.

Marcie said...

Awesome!

Shonda said...

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!!

I've missed you. I look forward to Siesta Fiesta in San Antonio! I hope to meet you there!

Engrafted by His Grace-