Thursday, July 10, 2008

my bargain

It's almost a steal really. We have a local site where people can list items from their home they want to sell. It's called a "garage sale" site. It's really neat and I've gotten rid of loads of stuff on it. Perfect way to get rid of some unwanted junk around your house while making some pocket money for yourself. Occassionally I'll find something listed on the site I can't live without and give in and buy it. Today was that day. Only today, I got what I like to call a steal! I managed to snag a dining room table and 4 matching chairs. When hubs brought it home we got busy cleaning it. Three hours later we'd scrubbed, rinsed, polished the table and chair legs, and we'd deep cleaned the cushions. We stood back to look at our work and I couldn't help but squeel with excitment. That baby shines! It's solid wood with a cherry finish. There are a few scratches, but for the most part we've restored it to it's former beauty. (We'll work with the scratches, they'll just take some time) Anyway, for $50 and a few hours hard cleaning, this my friends is what I came away with....


Isn't she pretty! I'm not even sure I'm going to let my kids eat at the table. :) The rug underneath is actually forest green and the seat cushions have flowers, strawberries, and forest green leaves. The Lord must have been tired of seeing us pray over mis-matched furniture! I've had the rug for a while, but the new seat cushions match perfectly! Yay! :) I'm going to go keep watch over my pretty pretty. Y'all have a good evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your thoughts & encouragement.

I really appreciate you!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Wow! You did get a steal! That's really neat!

Starla said...

Very nice!!!!
Tag your it, come over and read my blog for the rules.